Thursday, September 27, 2007

There's a reason why I chose the science/engineering/technology route for my life. In technology progress in inevitable; there may be periods when advancement is slower than it could be, but there is always a guarantee that it moves forward. I can guarantee you that in five years computers will be faster, phones will be smaller, materials will be lighter and stronger, and batteries will last longer. It feels good to know that we will always be moving forward.

As opposed to governments, which remain eternally stupid, and are guaranteed to make the same mistakes over, and over, and over, and over again. I'm not going to go into specifics because there are too many to mention. I'm sure you can think of a few.

In the meantime, one of my favorite quotes these days is from Benjamin Franklin:
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

2 comments:

none said...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/27/immigrant.money/index.html --govt. being stupid.

i disagree about technology, because technological development is guided by government in real life just as much as it is in Civ 4.

Caleb said...

I have always liked that quote. I think your right on the technology end although if we lose stability we have the potential to go backwards from a technological standpoint. But it would take something global like the flood.