Saturday, September 29, 2007

"Clinton said such an account program would help Americans get back to the tradition of savings that she remembers as a child, and has become harder to accomplish in the face of rising college and housing costs."

Yes, the good old America tradition of not saving your own money, but the government's money (which is, in essence, every taxpayer's money minus 50% because of government waste). What a brilliant idea. Now I wonder, maybe people should perhaps, this will sound crazy I know, save their OWN money? Clinton's response: "She argued that wealthy people get to have all kinds of tax incentives to save, but most people can't afford to do that.'" Well, this is going to even more crazy, but I wonder if the reason people can't afford to save is that they are blowing all their money on things that can't afford? Now I'm just going to jump off the deep end, so bear with me, but what if people lived within their means, didn't buy twice as much house as they can afford, didn't buy the latest and greatest car, and shudder, saved some money for the future? Whoaaaaa, that's just crazy talk.

2 comments:

Caleb said...

Crazeeeeeey!

none said...

i think i'll vote for hilary. she seems like to sort of person who could manage my life for me, so that i don't have to make such pesky decisions as when i should wake up in the morning and where i should buy health care.

i think everyone would be much better off if hillary made every decision there is to make.

or maybe i'll just set myself on fire and let hillary decide whether or not it'd be worthwhile to put me out....