Thursday, August 2, 2007

Yowza

I normally think of theserverside.com as a pretty reputable site with fairly good articles. Then today I saw this article. Wowee. Of all the ridiculous things to say, and it was posted on theserverside? Who's in charge here? I demand accountability!

I'm fairly sure that there's a few problems slightly, just slightly, more significant than the package structure of Java, which took me, and I'm sure 99% of Java programmers about 3 seconds to understand. All would be fine and well if the post was about how the package structure doesn't make sense, but to say that it is the most significant problem in Java? Are you kidding me? Simply mind boggling.

This sort of thing probably convinced Eric to quit blogging.

1 comment:

John E. Boy said...

The idiot probably can't understand Java, and therefore thinks this is a problem with Java, not with himself.

I've never really used Java enough to know about the package directory structure, but if that's the only thing he can come up with to rant against Java, he is seriously ill.

And the way he says that zero-based indexing is a disadvantage, I mean, come on, that's like been around for years and years, and would cause all sorts of problems with C/C++ code porting to Java.

There are always going to be losers in the world, I suppose. Sigh.