Tuesday, July 24, 2007

goodbye dual boot

I've been reading about how virtualization is going to be the next big thing in computing for a few years, but today was my first day of direct experience with it. I bought my first new computer since about 2001 (I was in dire need of an upgrade) and I'm starting to put it to good use; I downloaded VMWare the other day and I must admit that I was worried that it would be complicated to set up and run; I was dead wrong. VMWare is incredibly easy to use; I had an Ubuntu system running in 5 minutes with about 5 clicks. And it actually works! The previous decade of dual booting is finally over; good riddance.

1 comment:

Caleb said...

but alas you are still running on a base of windows so your gaining nothing :-) Now if you run your windows as a virtual server and let me know the exact performance comparisons on HL2 I would be impressed :-)